If you’re in Linköping you need to have a bike. It will allow you to go in the city center and to the supermarket. The bike trade in Linköping is a bit like trade “baguette” in France …
You find lots of bike shops more or less doubtful (yes, some ask you to visit their underground with a hundred bikes … ahem).
The price for a bike is on average 600Kr.
Warning, if the price is around 300Kr or less it will let you go when you will have the greatest need of it ! Be careful. The same if the bike costs more than 1000kr, I think it’s too much.
The bike’s guide:
- Must have a front and rear lights if not fine is 600Kr
- Must have retro cycling because when it’s -20 ° C the brakes are frozen.
- Must have a bell, very useful in the city center
- Must have a serial number and a paper proving the purchase (stolen bikes cops love it)
- Must have a good lock (theft are frequent)
- Better if you have good legs!
Finally, if ever, luck is not with you (like me with the flat tire one morning, um, it makes me in a good mood on Monday at 8 am by 5 ° C) you can always go to 254 Rydsvagen on Sunday and Tuesday from 7.00 pm to 9.00 pm at “Repare Bike”. Student volunteers repair your bike for cheap!
PS: be ahead there is often a long queue.